Composite POWER 101: Foundations
LIVE VIRTUAL COURSE
There are a number of variables that must be mastered and implemented in order to achieve an esthetic result. This introductory level course will provide attendees with the foundation necessary to objectively evaluate dental esthetics and immediately implement these principles into daily practice utilizing direct composite resin.
- Apply principles of smile design and analysis of proportions.
- Understand the impact of polish and texture on tooth form.
- Utilize hue, value and chroma to determine color for anterior restorations.
- Understand the components of the polychromatic incisal edge.
- Properly utilize tints and opaquers in the anterior.
- Repair the fractured incisal edge.
- Correct the "non-esthetic" smile with direct composite resin veneers.
Dr. Volker graduated from the Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery. He is the Chairman of the New Dentist Committee and a member of the Continuing Education Committee for the New York State Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Volker is a Diplomate of the World Congress of Minimally Invasive Dentistry and is a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry and the American College of Dentists. He was a clinical attending at the Coler-Goldwater Specialty Hospital and Nursing Facility on Roosevelt Island, and is in private practice in New York, with an emphasis on cosmetic and minimally invasive dentistry. Dr. Volker has published articles and lectures nationally and internationally on such topics as cosmetic dentistry, minimally invasive dentistry, dental materials and dental implants.